We started work on the artist/musician assignment, which is fun and creative and challenging.
This week, we talked about and worked on these steps of the assignment:
- Choose artist and gather images.
- Using Photoshop, create a static comp of your artist page.
- Slice up the comp into the required areas: titlebar, navi, etc. Slicing, BTW, is a Photoshop term that means cutting up a comp.
- Optimize each slice appropriately for the web. We will cover slicing and optimizing thoroughly.
- Create a gif animation to put in the little animation div in the lower right-hand corner.
(I’m going to simplify the steps below. We’ll use Photoshop to create slices and to create the html for our pages. Much better!)
Next week, we’ll talk about and work on the following steps:
- Open the Artist.html page from the materials folder in TextWrangler. Save it as your Artist webpage. In this html page, place the images you created in the slice/optimize process in their correct divs.
- Returning to the navi and back and next slices, we’ll make rollover animations using Photoshop.
- We’ll plug the ani, navi, and back/next slices into their areas.
- W00T! We’re done! Time for the crit.