Here’s a link to the materials you’ll need for the assignment: DCFM_Materials.
Here’s a link to the handout: DCFM Handout.
Here’s a link to the grading rubric: DCFM Grading.
Here’s a link to the Plan Like a Turtle worksheet: Plan Like a Turtle Worksheet.
Interim due date: Nov. 6 – see details below in project timeline.
Due date: Nov 15 at the beginning of class.
Create a web site for the Dane County Farmers Market
- Your site will have four pages, a home page with three secondary pages.
- Text for all pages is provided.
- You can choose from the two provided logos.
- This project is worth 100 points.
- To begin your creative process using brainstorming, outlining and sketching techniques,
- To create a tight prototype of your site using Photoshop or Illustrator,
- To slice and optimize the prototype in the program of your choice, and then to lay out the site using CSS,
- To create a consistent graphic look throughout the whole site, and
- To use the copy provided.
- All copy, with the exception of logo, decorative text and headlines will be html.
- Do not add or remove logo elements, or change the font in the logo.
- Oct 25 – In class, we will discuss the project, brainstorming and wireframing. We will start gathering source materials for the assignment.
- Oct 30 – In class, we will work on creating a site prototype and on wireframing.Â (Also, intro to Dreamweaver)
- Nov 1 – Work day. (Also, weâ€™ll talk about making absolutely positioned divs andÂ other CSS rulesÂ with Dreamweaver.)
- Nov 6 -Â Interim deadline and crit- youâ€™ll need to show three things: sketches, wireframes and a Photoshop/Illustrator prototype. If you donâ€™t have these items ready,Â your final grade will be lowered 10 points.
- Nov 8 – Work day. (Also, review of some spans and divs.)
- Nov 13 – Work day. (Also, Iâ€™ll show you how to make web forms – both the easy way and the hard way.)
- Nov 15 – Project due at beginning of class.