Reading assignment for Tuesday, Nov. 20
Chapter 11: CSS Orientation pp. 214â€“223 Inheritance, etc.
Chapter 12: Formatting Text, pp. 244-260 ID selectors, class selectors, specificity
Chapter 14: Thinking Inside the Box ,pp. 305â€“335 Boxes, borders, drop shadows
Here’s what we did this week:
- On Tuesday, I demo’d how to make a background that stretches to fill the browser window.Â If you want to do this, here is a video that shows you how: Full-Page Background Demo.
- On Thursday, I we had a work night and and then a crit of the completed Farmer’s Market sites.
- At the end of class on Thursday, I handed out stuff for our next (and last big) assignment – the Portfolio/Brochure site.
Schedule for the rest of the semester
- Nov. 20 Tue – Work night for Portfolio Brochure. Also, CSS Links in-class exercise
- Nov. 27 Tue – Work on Brochure/Portfolio Site. Iâ€™ll be gone and youâ€™ll have a sub.
- Nov. 29 Thurs–
- Interim deadline for B/P site – Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks prototype of your site ready for a crit. If you donâ€™t have some kind of a draft ready to show, your final grade will be lowered 10 points.
- SimpleViewer demo – learn how to make an image gallery with Bridge
- Dec. 4 Tuesday – Work night. Also, discussion of web forms and hosting, domain registration, etc.
- Dec. 6 Thurs – Pirate Party (anchored Links and Image Maps) demo + work night
- Dec. 11 Tue – Work night. Also, brief discussion of tables.
- Dec. 13 Tue – Work night
- Dec. 18 Tue – Portfolio/Brochure crit. Last class. All work must be in on this day.